Friday, February 26, 2010

Effective?

Not too long ago, i attended this course at Civil Service College - Facilitating WITS Effectively. WITS stands for Work Improvement TeamS. I was taught how to make use of certain tools and techniques to facilitate projects, meetings, as well as problem solving. We were made to participate in the activities for experiential learning. Turns out really well for a person who tends to sleep in class like me... I managed to survive through 2 full days without sleeping in class, even though i was damn tired from the lack of sleep the night before. :)

Back to the techniques. Not sure if others have heard of these.. "Affinity Diagram", "Gantt Chart", "Effective use of Pareto Diagrams for analysis", "Relations Diagram", "Tree Diagram", "Arrow Diagram", "PDPC Chart", etc. These are very good and simple tools for planning and solving problems systematically and effectively. "Relations Diagram", my personal favourite. A relations Diagram is a Diagram where the problem and the factors are shown in short and concise words, and arranged so that all factors are linked in relation to each other and subsequently to the problem. Through this diagram, the root causes to the problem can be picked out and dealt with individually. Maybe i should try this... Never know, might help to solve my probs. :p (Problem statement: Strained Relationship) Will blog about this if succeed. Haha.

This sets me thinking as well. What do I want in life? Do I really enjoy my work? What do I want to achieve? What are my goals? From Primary sch to Secondary sch to Junior College to University to Working life... It's smooth-sailing for me... So much so that I haven't been thinking what I really want to do and achieve in life. I feel that I'm not exposed enough to know my options. I'm like a frog in a well. Sad... I desperately need to find meaning in my life...

Side Note:
Hmmm.... something I've learnt in the class... Kinda liked it alot.. :p

"If you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME"

Hahahahahahaha SSSOOooooo TRUE!

No comments: