Thursday, October 4, 2007

Reverse Logistics Trade Shows 2007

RLTS is here at Le Meridien Singapore Hotel from 2nd to 4th Oct, organised by Reverse Logistics Association (RLA) Conference & Expo Singapore 2007. There are about 165 companies with 335 registered attendees participating in this big scale event.

http://www.rltshows.com/singapore.php





I've signed up as an intern in this event and hope to gain more knowledge and networking. However, when the person-in-charge (Lisa) did not email me about the details (my fren received), I thought I wasn't selected or something and I did not go for the event.

Last night, my fren called me at about 9.30pm and told me that she saw my name tag and asked Lisa about me. Lisa told her that she did reply to my email for confirmation of my participation and was wondering why I did not show up for the event. OMG! I didn't receive the email, I swear!

Anyway, I decided to go today since she asked if I'm still keen in helping out.
So I woke up at 5am this morning and reached the Hall 4 bus stop at 5.45am as I have to reach by 7am. I'd checked the SBS website for the first bus and it stated 5.15am. But as i waited for the bus, I knew it's not the correct information. Then, I went over to the signboard at the bus stop to check the timing for the first bus and found out that it was 6.15am! Shit! In the end, the first bus came at 6.30am. I waited for 45 min at the bus stop!!

I was late by 30 min. Everything was going smoothly as I helped them with some admin stuff until the HP ink cartridge went low. They needed to print urgently for the conference and I was assigned to get the ink cartridge. It was 9am then. My SMU fren told me that her school's bookshop would be opened by then and I walked all the way from Meridien to SMU to find out that they do not sell the ink cartridge model as it is very new. Haiz.... A trip wasted.

When I went back, I tried searching the internet for stationery stores around the area which opened around that time. At last, I managed to contact EverGreen from Centrepoint and though they do not have the model, they offered to help to get it from the other branch. Thank goodness! Or else, I'll be in deep shit for delaying the time.

The end for my first and last experience of this event. I went back school at 1pm for my lab session after that. Busy but memorable. :)

I'll be going for the Ministerial Forum at 7pm. More updates coming up tonight!

No comments: