Saturday, December 1, 2007

Car Accident

I was woken up by a phone call at 8am.
My mum took the call.
As i listened to what my mum said, i sensed that there was something amiss. She didn't sound right and her voice was very serious. I got up and looked at her as she talked on the phone.

My dad met an accident.
Both of us were shocked and worried. We hurried to the scene of the accident at Ubi Avenue 1.

Thank goodness! My dad wasn't badly injured. Just some minor cuts and bruises on his leg and chest. However, due to the impact, he had chest pain which could be serious. After much persuasion, we went to the Changi General Hospital. My dad was scolded by my mum and I for not going to the hospital when the ambulance came. He claimed that he was alright and refused to go to the hospital when he was actually hurt. Stubborn!

My dad said that as he came out of the carpark after dropping a passenger, a black car suddenly appeared in front of him. It was too sudden for him to react and there was a head-to-head collision. The black Nissan was just a few days old. It's a new car! The driver told my dad that he was sleepy and had fallen asleep which resulted in this accident. His car crossed the double white line to the opposite lane at the bend and crashed into my dad's taxi. Luckily, both of them wasn't driving very fast, around 40 to 50 km/h. Or else, it cannot be imagined. The driver wasn't hurt. (Thanx to the airbag which my dad didn't have.)

My dad's taxi was shifted to the front so as not to obstruct the traffic at the bend. Notice the black Nissan was in the wrong direction.





No comments: