Thursday, May 17, 2007

NeW BaDMiNToN MeMBeR (Episode1)

Hmm.... OK.. Let's start with introduction.

I've joined my company's badminton training since 2 weeks ago. Thanx to L, i managed to blend in with the team and enjoyed every session of the training. Through L, i get to know N. She manages all the admin stuff of the team for competition. Then, J joins us to make up 2 female doubles team. As J is a senior manager, she's always too busy to join us for training. up to now, i only see her twice. But, she's a very good player. She represented NTU in the IVP games many years ago. Her stokes are clean and sharp, but only her stamina is not as good as before. Anyway, i think she is a very good player.

Today, N came to me and introduced S. She is a NUS student, who came to our company last Monday to do her Vocational Attachment for 3 months. N told me that she's a school team player, and when i knew she could play, i'm so glad to have another kaki to spar with. I was so excited and asked her which school she was from. She said she was from A*K Sec Sch. Hmm... i paused for a moment, den i smiled and nodded my head.... In my mind, i was searching for any memory regarding that sch during National tournament in my Sec sch years. But... None. Anyway, it's still good to get to know her. She might be very good too. Who knows? :)

On our way to Singapore Technologies for our training? N told L excitedly that she found a new IA student who is in sch team before. And she kept emphasizing "SCHOOL TEAM". How irritating.... After our training, as we walked to the MRT station, N started to discuss who should partner who for the female doubles. I'm for L, of cos. Earlier on, N was pairing with L. But after i came, she wanted to pair with me. and guess wat, now she wanna pair with S! How fickle-minded. I know what kind of cat is in her bag... She wants to partner with a good player. N said,"You also play not bad, why you never say you are in school team before? S told me very confidently that she's in the sch team before when i asked her if she plays badminton." I answered,"Whether or not in school team. Can play means can play, cannot play means cannot play." Haha... i juz cant stand her anymore.

When i reach my room, N msged.
"Final lady double pair. i will change 2moro early morning as follows
1. che yin & L
2. S & N
Pls help to think of how to tell J abt this arrangement b4 go and see her 2moro. thanks."

Hello!!!! I'm against the idea of changing J to S. Why should i go with u to see her tml? OMG!!!

So i replied.
"Why is J not playing?"

N replied.
"Me and L has discussed just now and we have decided both of us 2 go see J 2moro ask her play only mix double since she got no stamina and we have found our partner. we find that it's hard to partner her if she dun come for the training. will see how she say."

To be honest, if she come to me tml to go see J with her, i'll juz tell her i'm not going. Haiz... Why is it that before the competition, there's already POLITICS going on?!

S is coming to Saturday's training. I'm looking forward to this day...... to see if N chooses the right person, even without seeing S playing... Good luck N!

No comments: